Kaspersky Lab Tells Us Why It's Important to Protect, Backup Data
Article by George Norman
On 17 Sep 2013
According to a survey performed by Kaspersky Lab, 61% of users cannot fully restore data that was damaged by malware. This is why it’s important to properly protect your data and to backup any important data you do not want to lose.

I always tell people that data loss accidents can happen at any time. You never know when your hardware may crash, when someone may accidentally delete data, or when an infection could compromise your data and cause you to loose important files.

Advertising

I also tell people that they shouldn’t rely on data recovery solutions. Sure, there are properly good tools out there that will efficiently recover lost files. But the simple truth of the matter is that data recovery, besides being time-consuming, is always a gamble. Certain files will not be brought back, no matter how good the data recovery tool is.

Because data loss accidents can happen at any time, and because data recovery is a gamble, you need to stay on the safe side – you need to backup your data!

Security company Kaspersky Lab recently emphasized this point of view when it presented the findings of a summer 2013 survey conducted alongside B2B International. The survey revealed that 39% of respondents were able to retrieve all the data lost in a malware attack. The remaining respondents weren’t so lucky. 61% of them could not fully restore data damaged by malware – it was lost forever.

One attack in five successfully steals or corrupts confidential data. For 17% of victims, that data was irretrievably lost; 44% could only restore part of their lost information. And ultimately it’s the data that matters to us: the survey showed that 56% value their information more highly than the computer which stores it. Users are willing to pay for data recovery, with one in ten hiring outside experts to try to claw back the missing bytes,” explained Kaspersky Lab.

The conclusion is simple: you need to protect your PC against malware and against data loss accidents. You need a reliable protection solution and you need to regularly perform backups.
For protection purposes, you can go with the properly good Kaspersky Internet Security.
And for data backup purposes, you can use Dropbox, FBackup, or any of the millions of data backup solutions out there.




Tags: Kaspersky Lab, security, data backup, survey, B2B International, Kaspersky Internet Security
About the author: George Norman
George is a news editor.
You can follow him on Google+, Facebook or Twitter

I Hope you LIKE this blog post! Thank you!
What do YOU have to say about this
blog comments powered by Disqus
Popular News
By George Norman on 17 Aug 2017
With the blockbuster movie season upon us, Sony decided to celebrate the occasion with a sale: the Attack of the Blockbusters Sale that offers discounts of up to 50% (60% if you’re a PlayStation Plus member) on a ton of PS4 video games.
By George Norman on 17 Aug 2017
Samsung’s new T5 portable solid-state drive (PSSD) uses the latest 64-layer V-NAND technology, offers between 250GB and 2TB of storage capacity, has a lightweight and shock-resistant design that’s smaller than the average business card, and delivers industry-leading transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s.
Related News
By George Norman on 26 Jul 2017
Top-notch real-time protection against viruses doesn’t have to cost money, not if you go with the recently introduced Kaspersky Free antivirus solution. It may not come with a lot of bells and whistles, but it nicely covers all the basics and...
By George Norman on 31 Jul 2017
Are people taking better care of their passwords, or have their password habits changed for the worse? To get an answer to that question, data loss prevention software company Digital Guardian surveyed a thousand people about their password security habits and found that...
By George Norman on 17 Jul 2017
Google isn’t the only one to proclaim that the way people watch TV is fundamentally changing. A new infographic from Altman Vilandrie & Company and SSI backs this claim by shinning more light on how, where and when Americans watch TV.
By George Norman on 02 Aug 2017
Countless online articles have been published to help you squeeze as much battery life as possible from your smartphone, and many companies have come up with mobile apps that will help boost your phone’s battery life – including, as of recently, Kaspersky Lab.
Sponsored Links
Hot Software Updates
Top Downloads
Become A Fan!
Link To Us!
Kaspersky Lab Tells Us Why It's Important to Protect, Backup Data
HTML Linking Code